Honor, Glory & Acknowledgements


There it sat in its little (expensive) green binding. Done. The final part of a year long master's course. Few people will ever read it. The people who grade it. The people who review those grades. That's basically it.
Of the people who read it, few will notice the end of the acknowledgements section.
"Finally, and most importantly, I owe my gratitude to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for setting me on this journey in the first place and for always providing me with exactly what I needed when I needed it."
I thanked my supervisor; I thanked my friends. I thanked my family. But those are the words that ended my acknowledgements for my master’s dissertation.
And they were not enough. But how does one sum up, a year’s worth, no a lifetime, of gratitude in a single sentence?
How does one say thank you for putting me where I am? For direction? For provision? For the right people? The right church? The best family? For peace? For the right Scripture, the right song when I needed it most? For being the reason I did everything I did? For being faithful, even when I was consumed with all that needed to be done? For life, for salvation?
There were so many times this year that I questioned. Why now? Why here? Why this?
There were so many tears, as I tried to work through it all. The frustration, the disappointment when it wasn't what I thought it would be.
There were smiles and laughter and thankfulness. There were good times.
And it was all because of Him
How does one put that into one sentence? I couldn’t.
Three weeks ago I turned in a paper that marks the end of a year of my life. It marks the beginning of a new chapter. But it is just a paper. As I sit here and reflect on that tonight, I prayer this prayer.
For this year, for this life of mine that You have given me, thank You. To You I give all the glory, all the honor. Because it is all Yours. Amen. 

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." - Revelation 4:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography: {Hewett Wedding}

Far Away Yet Together