Hello England!

It's been almost two months since I have posted a new blog. I hope you will forgive me, my faithful followers. It has been a busy two months of preparation for what has finally arrived: moving to and settling in Leeds, England.

Yes! I am here and settling into my new flat (that's apartment). So here is a little bit about my adventure so far!

I arrived in London last Wednesday and was met by Lottie, a friend I made during my year in France! It's quite nice to get off of a seven hour flight, go through boarder patrol, and walk out to a familiar face in arrivals!

We went from the airport into London and then caught a train up to the area of England where she lives. I have to give a huge shoutout to the McDonald family for their warm welcome during my stay with them! (Lottie's Mum even sent me to Uni with homemade plum jam!)

While I was there, I got to see Nottingham and Nottingham Castle (The Legend of Robin Hood, anyone?).

Nottingham's Robin Hood Statue
Nottingham Castle
 I also had my fist afternoon tea in the city.

I think I am going to like afternoon tea!

I loved the mismatched china!
I visited the nearby town of Southwell which has a beautiful Minster that was open for Heritage Days.

Southwell Minster
The last stop while visiting was Wollaton Hall and Park (aka Wayne Manor in The Dark Knight Rises). The Hall is simply stunning as is the deer park surrounding it!

Wollaton Hall
Lottie and I at Wollaton
After a lovely visit, Lottie and her boyfriend, Harry, helped me get up to Leeds and settle into my new flat.

It's been a whirlwind since Saturday. Lots of administrative things to do, shopping to set myself up for the year, meeting new people (including three of my five flat mates) and getting used to the lay of the land.

I don't officially start classes until the 28th, but next week is Induction (Orientation). I am so excited to get started with my classes here! Plus there is so much else in store for this next year. I can't wait to see what God does with it!

If you were going to visit England, what would be the top destination on your list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 2)