Perspective

Sometimes in life you need a little perspective.

Erwin's View, Linville Falls Trail
For the past few days, my youngest sister, a friend, and I have been camping and hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

The view in the picture above in from the highest lookout on the shorter of the two trails we hiked. If you can see the white area in the middle, it is Linville Falls. It is quite the view. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

I love the mountains, especially the Blue Ridge Mountains. I love driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway - which is where we camped and hiked.

The reason I love the mountains so much is because they make me feel small.

Yep, you read that right. The mountains make me feel small.

Why do I want to feel small?

Because the God who created those mountains, who arranged every hill, He knows the number of hairs on my head.

I love being reminded of how small I am because it reminds me of how big He is, and how much He loves me.

I've let life and the things in it get in the way of that lately. I'm waiting for some news about a potential scholarship for my master's degree; it's been seriously stressing me out. So much hangs in the balance. But this trip, unplugging (48 hours without internet was actually nice), just enjoying and taking in the beauty that could only belong to the Creator, that puts some perspective on life.

My God is bigger; my God is greater. My God has it all under control. It's time to rest in that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Story

Far Away Yet Together

Not My Home