Learning To Be Still

Almost four months ago, I shared with you about my fear of hitting one small button. Once I did, I would have submitted my application for a grant to the Fulbright program. Do you remember why I was struggling to do it?
"What if I did something wrong? What if it's not enough? What if I don't get it? What then?"
And after rereading the story of Esther I came to this conclusion:
"If I did something wrong, I did something wrong. If it's not enough, it's not enough. If I don't get it, I don't get it. What then? Then God."
So I hit the submit button.

And yesterday I got the reply.

No.

You know what my immediate thought was?

What did I do wrong?

That was quickly followed by: What now?

Now, be still.

Not audible, but I heard it all the same. A whisper that is becoming familiar. You see my first instinct was to do something. I am a doer. That is how I handle most situations. I do something.

But right now God is asking me to be still. I want to react by coming up with plans A, B, and C. And probably D and E while I am at it. Right now, though, God is asking me to be still and let Him come up with the plan. It is time for then God.

Like I said it would be in my last post, being still is not easy to do. But I do want to try. Because as terrifying as it is to do, I want to see God exalted. If that requires being still, then it is time to learn to be still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 2)