Hello November: My Ramblings About This Month

Well, hello November; I wasn't expecting you quite so soon. I guess I lost track of time. But here you are, so let's get started.

This month is going to be kind of crazy. When I look at my calendar it's a little bit overwhelming. This week, for instance, I'll be in class Monday through Friday for six hours each day. Yikes!

It's not all a bad overwhelming though. Toward the middle of the month I'll be headed to London to visit a friend and explore the city! I'm pretty excited about that. It will be my last trip outside of France until I fly home. That day is now less than 50 days away - excuse me while I pick my jaw  up off the floor. Sometimes I still feel like I just got here.

This week is also the beginning of the Pray for France Challenge from the International Mission Board. It's a week of prayer for this country and it's going to be special to take part from inside the country, to pray as I walk the streets. But you don't have to be here to pray, you can pray from wherever you are! I encourage you to check it out and join me in praying for France this week!

November is the beginning of the holiday season. For my fellow Americans, Thanksgiving is looming in the near future. Here Thanksgiving isn't a holiday, so they already have Christmas decorations and wrapping paper in the stores.

It's getting cold so I definitely already feel like it's the holiday season. I'm eating cold weather foods (think soups and pancakes topped with cinnamon apples). I'm listening to Christmas music - don't judge. I'm even planning how to decorate my apartment. Since I'll leave before Christmas, I need to get started if I want to be able to enjoy any Christmas decor! It'll be interesting to see what I can come up with from scratch with limited resources. I'll be sharing pictures as soon as I have them!

I think that is enough of my ramblings for now. Hopefully, I'll be around the blog this month - I'll definitely be writing about London - but it might be a bit sparse given my schedule.

How about you? Any special plans for this month? Holiday plans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

The Stars