100 Days Left

Today marks one hundred days left in my study abroad adventure.

It's hard to believe that the year is more than two thirds of the way done. I am so very ready to see my family and friends. I miss them like crazy. And there are quite a few things about being home that I'm ready for, too.

But I'm also sad when I think that I'm nearing the end of my year in France. Was it really just eleven months ago that I got the news that I was going to be living and studying abroad for a year? So much has happened in that time.

I fully plan to enjoy and make the most of these last 100 days, though! In honor of this special day, I'd like to share the top ten (only ten - I don't want to completely bore you) things I'm looking forward to about the rest of my year!

1) American Cookout - This Sunday, I'm hosting another American cookout with the help of some friends! We're introducing our new friends to s'mores!

A good ole fashion American cookout!

2) London - I met my friend Lorelei when she came to South Carolina. We hung earlier this year in Paris, and now I'm going to visit her in London where she's currently working!

3) Strasbourg Christmas Market - This one has been at the top of my list since I got here; it's Europe's oldest and I can't wait to go Christmas shopping there!

4) New Friendships - I was sad to see most of last semester's students leave, but I'm thrilled to meet all of the new students and make some new friendships!

5) Old Friendships - Not everyone left: ten students from last semester stayed and I'm glad we get to continue our friendships! I know they'll last a lifetime.

Old friends (from left to right): Lorena, me, Claudia, and Michael
6) Classes - Crazy, right? But I do enjoy the courses I'm taking here in France. I especially enjoy the teamwork as we end up with a multi-ethnic view on projects!

7) Cultural Learning - Speaking of multi-ethnic, our group is made up of students from NINETEEN different countries. I'm excited to try new foods and learn about customs from all those different countries.

8) Baguettes - It seems silly, but once you've had a true French baguette (or pastry, for that matter) there is no going back. I have to enjoy them while I can.

9) Bible Study - Two weeks into this semesters Bible study and I'm thrilled with the turnout and the time we've shared! I can't wait to see what God will do this semester!
10) Living in France - It seems like a no-brainer but I really want to savor this experience over the next 100 days. I know it will be over before I can blink! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Story

Far Away Yet Together

Not My Home