Never Too Old For A Sleep Over

You're never too old for a sleepover is what we decided.

The best part of being in France has definitely been meeting new friends. Right now a lot of those new friends are traveling Europe while we have Easter break. But a small group of us remained in Poitiers for a variety of reasons. So last night a bunch of us got together and had a good old fashion slumber party.

When we started planning the evening, I knew that the house we would be staying at had an oven. I immediately had dinner planned out. And then breakfast too.

So on Saturday we hurried off to the grocery store since it's not open on Sunday. We collected the ingredients for a chicken pot pie, a Swedish apple pie - similar to an apple crisp -, and the crowning jewel: homemade cinnamon rolls.

With lots of talking, fun, and a few mishaps, we manged to put together a dinner of chicken pot pie, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, and (of course) baguettes.


Good ole Southern classics which everyone loved. And we had so much fun. I miss being able to hang out over a good meal with a group of friends.

After dinner we ate that apple pie topped with ice cream. I think we all thought we would burst.

While everyone else proceeded to play card games, I headed back into the kitchen. Cinnamon roll time.

Homemade cinnamon rolls take some time, but, with the help of a few people, I soon had two pans of yummy rolls ready for the following morning.


At about 1 AM, the five of us girls who were still hanging out decided to head to bed. We didn't make it there until almost 2 AM. Typical sleepover right?

The next morning, I crawled out of bed a little after 8, to finish off the rolls.


Totally worth a late night and early morning. Especially since they were eaten with friends!

By 11 AM, I was back at home and tucked in bed. Last night was a blast, but I have to admit I'm rethinking my assessment. I don't think my body likes that little sleep. Maybe I am too old for sleepovers. Then I remind myself of the fun. Nah, I'd do it all over again, just the same.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Story

Far Away Yet Together

Not My Home