Friendsgiving

Thanksgiving. It's one of the biggest holidays in the United States. We celebrate with family, food, and football. We take time to be thankful. We watch the Macy's Thanksgiviong Day Parade.

But the rest of the world doesn't celebrate America's holiday. Well, except for Canada. I learned that they do celebrate Thanksgiving.

So after attempting to explain Thanksgiving to many of the international students here in Poitiers, some of my American friends and I decided we were going to throw a Thanksgiving dinner!

The result was one of the most fun potlucks I've ever attended.

In honor of the people and the holiday we were celebrating we called it 'Friendsgiving'.

Here are some pictures from the evening!


We had traditional. Thanksgiving foods: turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, gravy, stuffing, and mac and cheese.


We had food from all over the world, also. A total of sixteen countries were represented!


Everyone loved the food!


And the chance to just hang out.


We took time to write down some of the things we are thankful for.


I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the night. We had over 45 people. People who I have grown to love, who are my friends! I'm so glad we got to introduce everyone to Thanksgiving and and that we got introduced to food from all over the world! Friendsgiving will definitely be one of my favorite memories from my time in France!

*Photo credit: 1-4, Jessee Winowski (check out her blog at: https://thetwentysomethingtraveler.com); 5, myself; 6, Nadia Deandra*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 2)