My Feet On French Soil: An Update With Pictures

Bonjour de France! Hello from France! Yes, after all those months I'm finally writing in my little flat in France. I still can't quite believe it. It's different, but I don't feel like I'm half a world away from home.

So what has my time here in France been like? To be honest it's been a little bit of a rough start. After the original flight my friends and I were supposed to take was delayed, we finally left the states on Wednesday night. A little less than 24 hours of travel later, we arrived at the train station in our new home - for the year anyway. We were picked up by students from the school we're attending.

After spending our first night in a hotel, we arrived at our flats the next day. We jumped right into school with our first classes on Friday afternoon.

Then I got sick. I'm still pretty sure it was food poisoning. It lasted about forty-eight hours before I was back on my feet again, and it included a trip to the local French hospital. It was a bit of a rough weekend. Thankfully, I had awesome friends who took really great care of me! Now I'm famous among our class for being the "one who was sick the first weekend."

This past week, I completed two seminar classes. Yes, I'm already done with two classes. One was a French language course and the other was on tourism and food in France. They were long, six and seven hour a day classes, but I actually enjoyed both.

I have finally gotten to see the town a little bit. I thought I share the few pictures I've had the chance to take. I hope to have more soon.

This is the view outside of one of my classroom windows. The older looking building that takes up most of the picture is one of the school buildings.


This picture was taken about 10 feet from my gate. I can walk to this cathedral in about a minute. It is massive and very beautiful. 


This picture is one of the main streets that feeds into the city square. There is a delightful little boulangerie, or bakery, just behind me that we love to go to for lunch or sometimes dinner.


This next picture is me in front of the oldest reputed Christian building in France, Baptistere Saint-Jean. It was originally built around approximately 360 AD.


And finally, one of my favorites, my new church. I got to attend last night! Even though it's in French and I have trouble understanding, we are all there worshiping the same God, and that is the most amazing feeling ever!


God has been teaching me a lot through this trip; hopefully, soon I will share some of it. My faith is being stretched and taken to places I didn't know it could go. I've only been here a week. I can't wait to see where the rest of the year will lead.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Will continue to pray for you as you travel down this year's adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! All the prayers were (and are) appreciated!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 2)