A Love Story

For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm a very logical person. However, I have to admit that-while you might not see it-I have a romantic side. I love a good love story.


A few weeks ago I got the opportunity to capture a good love story with a camera. I love to take pictures. If I get the chance to put one of my poor friends in front of my lens, I'm going to keep them there as long as possible.


When this particular couple asked me to take their engagement pictures, I immediately said yes! I was so excited to be a part of this special time.

The young lady in these pictures in my former roommate. One of the things I love about her is her passion for the Gospel and missions. As someone who just recently graduated from nursing school, she and her fiance know that they want to use their medical skills for the glory of the Lord and the advancement of His Kingdom.


You know ultimately when I see a love story like Kayla and Jason's, I think about another love story. A love story for me and for you.


It's a love story that goes like this. You and I, we're separated from God because we do wrong. But because God loved us, He sent His only Son to die a cruel and humiliating death on a cross. Because His Son, Jesus, was perfect, His death on the cross paid for the wrongs of humanity. When Jesus came back to life three days later, He conquered death and sin. Now all we have to do is accept the free gift of salvation, say "Here is my life Lord," and we will no longer be separated from God.


So will you join me in wishing Kayla and Jason a wonderful marriage? And as you do take a little time to think about the God who loves you enough to die for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

The Stars