What Happens When You Seek Eagerly

The last few weeks of my life have been BUSY. I know you probably feel like you read that every time you read one of my blogs. Honestly, that might be true. I feel like things keep getting busier and busier. The amazing thing is that, in the midst of the busy-ness, I've also had a couple of amazing weeks.

The last couple of weeks, I have watched God move. He has moved in my life. He has moved at BCM. He has moved in the Core Group that I lead. I see Him all around me and I am excited. In all the busy-ness, I've been learning to let go and let God. And man, He is blowing my expectations out of the water!

I'm not sure I can even put into words the AWESOMENESS of God right now! I will say this though: in a week where I would have normally thrown up my hands and said "I can't", I threw up my hands and said "God, You can, so please have it." You know that is an amazing feeling! It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, but it certainly has been a blessed journey.

So what have I been up to since you last heard from me? Well, the usual in terms of school. I had three exams in two days last week which I'll admit was pretty intense. Even in that I saw God working, though. I learned a lot about focusing on Him and others as I brought other friends going through the same thing to Him in prayer.

One highlight of the last couple of weeks was getting to go spend a weekend visiting some of my family. I unplugged from the internet and my school work and just took a break. You know some times I think we get so caught up in doing that we forget to be still; and we forget to take time for the people all around us, whether they be friends or family.

Does this picture give you any hints about where I might have spent the weekend?
You know another great thing about my weekend away was the drive there and back. It was two hours each way. Two hours of singing praise and talking to God. It was refreshing and recharging and wonderful.

I've been up to lots of other exciting things and there is lots more to come in the next few weeks!

I'm not sure if any of that made sense. Really those are just some of the jumbled thoughts and reflections from the past few weeks of my life. Right now I can't put those thoughts and reflections into any better words. Nonetheless, I wanted to share. I'm not sure I can make sense of what God is doing right now. He is doing something great; I'm seeing little bits and pieces as I seek eagerly after Him. Right it's all about learning surrender and trust, something I talked about a few weeks ago. The beauty in this though is that, as I'm learning that, God is showing me what a life that seeks eagerly is like. It's so much more than I could imagine. And I want more. Because just like the Israelites in 2 Chronicles 15 discovered, when you truly seek God, He will be found by you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 1)

Culture, Citizenship & Hiraeth (Part 2)