It's Official

I know it's been a while, but this blog was a long time coming. I think it's worth the wait.

IT'S OFFICIAL.

Now some of you are wondering what in the world I am talking about. Some of your know exactly what I mean. Let me explain.

I got the email yesterday. I'm going to spend the year of 2014 in France.

I'm going to study abroad at a business school in a town called Poitiers.

Here is a picture of Poitiers (from a Google image search).
Now this is something that on one level, I've wanted to do all my life. I have almost always wanted to go to Europe, specifically France. My father's family immigrated from France a few hundred years ago. I've always thought it would be awesome to visit the city where they lived. I've also just wanted to visit many places in Europe: Rome, Wales, and Paris just to name a few.

On another level, this is something quite new. At the beginning of my college career, I briefly considered studying abroad. However, it didn't fit into my nice neat little plans, so I dismissed the idea until last spring. That's when a professor looked me in the eye and said, "This could be a great opportunity to share your faith." I sat up straight and asked God if He was trying to say something to me. Then I began the adventure of preparing to go into the unknown.

Now I think I've already mentioned this, but I don't do the unknown well. Although I am extremely excited, I have to say I'm a bit nervous too. More than one time I've caught myself asking, "God, what if I can't do this?" I'm constantly reminded that part of this trip is about the fact that I cannot do this. I just need to trust Him because He has it all figured out.

Lately, I've been reading Acts. I love the book of Acts. It's probably one of my favorite books in the Bible. A good portion of Acts follows the journey of Paul as he goes about being a missionary for Christ. You know, Paul never knew exactly where he was going, only that the Spirit was directing him. He never knew the end of the story, only that God was writing it. And every time I read Acts, I am reminded of that. I am also reminded of how awesome God is. He did some pretty incredible things through the people who followed Him.

So as I prepare over the next few months to leave for my unknown, I know I will learn about trusting God. I want to be open and eager in seeking His plan for this trip. I know I'll fail at points because trust isn't my strong point, but I'm going to try. Getting to go to Europe is something I only dreamed about, and if God can make that dream a reality, I can't even begin to imagine what He has in store for the year.

Comments

  1. Congratulations Elizabeth, What an awesome opportunity for you and everyone you meet. I look forward to your future post/blogs. Love Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to blogging about all my adventures and what God does through the next year!

      Delete
  2. Long weekend Trip to PARIS! :) Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me Lindsay! Btw, have a safe trip over!

      Delete
  3. I'm proud of you sis! :) God is going to do great things through you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Story

Far Away Yet Together

Not My Home