Seeking Eagerly

Time for the first blog. Let me be honest: I find this particular post a bit awkward. I introduce myself. I tell you why I'm blogging. I might even tell you why I chose to name my blog "Seeking Eagerly". This isn't going to be the world's coolest blog post; let's get down to it so we can get to blogging.

I'm Elizabeth. Or Liz. Or Lizzie. I answer to all. Though only certain people have the privilege of using the last one. I could tell you a lot of random things about myself, but I won't go into detail. If you want to know about me and who I am, then keep reading. You'll learn. Here are the basics: I'm a college student who is seeking God and His will for the future. Sometimes I do that well; other times, not so much.

Why am I blogging? Well, life is about to change for me (more on that later) and I want to keep people updated on all of my adventures. But more than that I want to be able to share where God is taking me and what He is teaching me. So I guess that leads me to my blog name.

Seeking Eagerly. You may have noticed the Scripture verse below the blog title. It's the second part of 2 Chronicles 15:15. I'll admit that this is not a verse I've been quoting my whole life. I just found it. Let me give you a brief summary of 2 Chronicles 14 & 15, then I'll tell you why verse 15.

Asa has just become king of Judah. He hears that an enemy nation is coming, so he gathers the fighting men of Judah and goes out to face them. He doesn't do it on his own though; he cries out to God to deliver Judah. God answers in a big way. The enemy is crushed. Asa reforms Judah by removing the idols in the nation, rebuilding the alter of God, and sacrificing to Him. Then the nation enters into a covenant to seek God "with all their heart and soul" (vs. 12).

This is where verse 15 picks up. "All Judah rejoiced about the oath [they had taken to the Lord] because they had sworn it wholeheartedly. They sought God eagerly, and He was found by them. So the Lord gave them rest on every side" (vs. 15). It would be so easy to skip to the part about God giving them rest on every side. That is a beautiful and peaceful thought. But what jumped out to me was the fact that the nation sought God eagerly. They wanted to find Him. They desired it with every fiber of their being. Eagerly, not out of duty but out of want. And He was found by them. God wants to be found; we have to seek.

When I read this verse it renewed a passion to seek God; to seek Him with an eagerness and to know that I will find Him if I seek him with my heart and soul. That is what you'll find in the "pages" of this blog. Me seeking God and all the amazing places He'll take me through that.

So that is who I am, why I'm blogging, and Who and why I am seeking eagerly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Story

Far Away Yet Together

Not My Home